READY TO GO TO MARS?
Through the Giant Mars Map™, kids get to sit, stand, walk, play, and learn together on the Red Planet! Targeted at ages 10-14 years, students perform fun projects like building personally designed space ships and learning the names of craters and land masses on Mars. Their eyes are opened to the amazing opportunities that lie ahead for them in this new world of space exploration.
MARS Map Overview
Target age group: 10-14 years
Active Learning: Students work in collaborative, real world-based teams to complete the integrated series of research and challenges.
- 1 Large vinyl floor map map which depicts a colorful topography, landing sites of missions, names of regions; comparative data about Mars and the Earth. Map available in 3 sizes: 33.5’ x 15’; 23.5’ x 10.5’; 13.5’ x 6’
- Activities promote STEAM learning, primarily linked to Next Generation Science Standards
- 1 Mars Pro Globe
- 1 LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set
- 15 copies of NSTA award-winning book Welcome to Mars
- Customized lesson plans from JASON Learning
- Two-hour virtual training session
Additional Robots & Training (Optional)
- Everything in the Base Bundle, plus customizable LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set(s) to meet district needs
- Additional training can be arranged to meet district needs at the district’s expense
Grant Repository for Educators
Our partner, the Space Foundation, provides a comprehensive grant repository list that can help you find funding opportunities for programs run by the Aldrin Family Foundation. If you need any clarification or assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our grant writer, Dr. Kristina Otero at [email protected].
Learn more about acquiring your own map!
Too excited to wait for our grant application season? Find out how you can purchase a map bundle from one of our team members.